Summer Concerts + Movies in the Park!
Get out and enjoy your neighborhood this summer with Concerts + Movies in the Park! The South Portland Neighborhood Association and South Waterfront Community Relations, along with Portland Parks & Recreation and many generous sponsors, have worked hard to bring, respectively, a great lineup of Concerts in the Park to nearby Willamette Park (John’s Landing) in July and a classic Movie + Concert in the Park to our own South Waterfront’s Elizabeth Caruthers Park in August. Get the scoop below:
Concerts in the Park
- Devin Phillips: New Orleans jazz - Wednesday, July 5, 6:30 pm
- The New Iberians: Stumptown zydeco - Wednesday, July 12, 6:30 pm
- Melao de Cuba Salsa Orchestra: Vibrant Cuban music - Wednesday, July 19, 6:30 pm
- Painted Sky Northstar Dance Company: Native American Dance - Wednesday, July 26, 6:30 pm
Elizabeth Caruthers Park:
Movie + Concert in the Park
- Concert: The Jellyroll Society: Blues, early jazz, ragtime - Thursday, August 24, 6:30 pm
- Movie: Fantastic Mr. Fox: Thursday, August 24, movie at dusk, after concert
Make a day of it! Start your afternoon with the South Waterfront Farmers Market from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm, where you can get goodies for the evening’s festivities and take in the Hops & Honey String Band from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. End the evening on the Elizabeth Caruthers Park lawn with South Waterfront’s Movie + Concert in the Park. The Jellyroll Society returns with blues and early jazz from the 1920’s and 1930’s, followed by everyone’s favorite fox (that’s Mr. Fox to you!) at dusk.
For more information about Portland Parks & Recreation’s Summer Free For All and city-wide Concerts and Movies in the Park program, visit www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/61921.