SOLVE Neighborhood Cleanups
SWCR knows how important it is to the members of our community to keep the South Waterfront neighborhood clean and green. Trash on the sidewalk isn’t only an eyesore, but plastic contents eaten by animals can be harmful and can even have lethal effects.
One of the most impactful ways to help keep our neighborhood clean is through hosting SOLVE Cleanups. SOLVE is a non-profit organization whose mission is to “bring Oregonians together to improve our environment and build a legacy of stewardship.”
For the past several years, SWCR has hosted two annual SOLVE Cleanups in our neighborhood. SWCR is excited to announce that as of 2018, we will officially be adding two additional SOLVE cleanups to our calendar this year, creating a total of 4 SOLVE cleanups a year.
In 2018 alone, SWCR SOLVE Cleanups:
· Recruited over 170 volunteers
· Collected over 1,900 pounds of trash
SWCR’s 2019 SOLVE Cleanups will take place on:
· February 23rd 10:00 am-12:00 pm (register at: https://tinyurl.com/2019swcrwintercleanup)
· April 20th 10:00 am-12:00 pm (register at: http://tinyurl.com/SWCRearthdaycleanup2019)
· July 27th 10:00 am-12:00 pm (register at: https://tinyurl.com/swcrsummercleanup19)
· September 20th 10:00 am-12:00 pm (registration link will be posted soon)