Grow some unique heirlooms to make your garden really stand out.
from: Verdura Culinary Gardens, which has been awarded EcoBiz certification for Landscape Services.
Based on years of trial and error and following the good advice of a number of local experts, we have developed a list of real superstars in the vegetable world. While we have grown a wide variety of most vegetables, there is a short list of those that have consistently thrived in the multiple gardens we have managed in our Pacific Northwest climate.
In shopping for seeds and vegetables, we believe it's important to consider these factors:
- When possible, organic seeds
- Non-GMO (genetically modified)
- Proven to do well in a variety of climates
- When possible, interesting heirloom varieties (non-hybridized) such as Slow Food USA’s Ark of Taste plant list
- Well suited to growing in small raised bed garden spaces or containers
- Last but not least, great tasting!